View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I agree with your thinking here. I have no issues taking a flyer on a late round goalie every year (if needed), but to pick 2 in the same draft like they did and 1 the year before puzzles me. I still think we should have signed FPW (if we wanted a goalie that badly) and used one of our picks last year on a positional player ( Griffith, Troock, Carrick, etc).
The goalies are long term projects, none of Kadorf, Hellebuyck or Phillips will be even signed for 4+ years, unless one of them have unexpected rapid development. I got no problem with those selections. It's more about timeline for the future, long term shots in the dark, which is why FPW does not play into that equation, IMO.

I definatly don't agree with not signing FPW though. By all indications he was anxious to sign with the Jets (there was an article about that), and he has/is tearing it up in Sweden, not sure why we didn't bring him over. Clearly they don't think ANYTHING of Carrozzi, why didn't they sign him and bring him over to Colorado for a year, then by next season he could back up Pasquale in St. John's. He seems like a really solid goalie, probably be a European UFA signing in NHL in a year or two, IMO. Mistake on that one, part of the remnant in the Jets organization that dislikes all things ATL, IMO.