View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 03:50 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
The goalies are long term projects, none of Kadorf, Hellebuyck or Phillips will be even signed for 4+ years, unless one of them have unexpected rapid development. I got no problem with those selections. It's more about timeline for the future, long term shots in the dark, which is why FPW does not play into that equation, IMO.

I definatly don't agree with not signing FPW though. By all indications he was anxious to sign with the Jets (there was an article about that), and he has/is tearing it up in Sweden, not sure why we didn't bring him over. Clearly they don't think ANYTHING of Carrozzi, why didn't they sign him and bring him over to Colorado for a year, then by next season he could back up Pasquale in St. John's. He seems like a really solid goalie, probably be a European UFA signing in NHL in a year or two, IMO. Mistake on that one, part of the remnant in the Jets organization that dislikes all things ATL, IMO.
The FPW situation confused the heck out of me.

After Pav and Pasquale we had nothing. Not sure why they wouldn't keep him around as insurance.