View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Crisp View Post
Schroeder's lack of size will probably prevent him from having that kind of impact at the NHL level. Two-way forwards are big and strong as well as fast and tenacious. Defensive situations at the NHL level requires a minimum size to handle the physicality and dish it out. I don't see how Schroeder has or ever will have the frame needed.

Sadly, he'll need to produce on the wing or at center in a top-6 role or end up an ineffective tweener. Can't say I'm all that optimistic but you never know.

Pseudo expressed my feeling on it in saying that Wellwood wasn't the traditional 3rd line defensive forward but did pretty well in the underlying numbers in that regard. Same thing with Raymond - a lack of size and but good defensively, that's going to be enough for a guy like Schroeder.

In fact, what Raymond is doing now, if Schroeder can replicate that to be an option on the PK, he'll stick. Just be a defensive option on the PK. It should mean that he has the coach's trust and should mean that he has overcome his lack of size to be reliable defensively.

Edit: The BVS comparable of Morrison would be ideal for JS.