View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
I dunno, I feel that the game is changing and evolving to a throwing game for the NFL.

Just taking a sample from last year. The CFL had 1 qb over 5000 yrds, 2 qbs with over 4000 and 4 over 3000.

The NFL had 3 qbs over 5000 yrds, 7 qbs with over 4000 and 10 qbs over 3000 yrds.

Obviously the NFL has a larger sample base but based on these stats I would have to say that the NFL is on the level with the CFL for passing plays and that the grinding running game has slowed down over the past years for alot of the teams. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues in the NFL at the end of this season.

JMO
For sure, the NFL has become MUCH more of passing league over the past several years.

There was talk above about how the CFL has rules that make it easier to score, but it seems every rule change the NFL makes is to aid offenses as well. You get a pass interference penalty for even breathing on a receiver in the NFL these days, and will get illegal contact penalties for what used to be just "jamming" a receiver.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote