View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
- Wingers who think they need to collapse back down to the goal mouth when the other team has the puck, and hang around at the opposite blue line when we have the puck. As a defenseman, this makes me crazy. Every game I've got to tell a winger "get outta here, I got it" when we're in our own zone. Let me handle the front of the net and my corner, you worry about what's coming from up high. Then when I retrieve the puck from a dump in for example, they just cruise around up ice expecting me to hit them with a 130 foot pass. I've got two or three forecheckers on me, and no outlet.
Haha, as a winger I don't understand it either. As a forward I want to play on offense, so if someone tells me my defensive zone responsibility is to sit by the opposing dman so he can't receive a pass for a point shot? Well damn that sounds easy, why would I try to do anything else? Plus it lets me conserve energy for when we gain possession to go on the rush and forecheck.

Us wingers have it easy in our own zone, I really can't understand why some of us would want to complicate things and mess around in front of our own net. Yeah that's what NHL'ers tend to do but an astute observer may notice that they can skate fast enough to get back to the point & block the shot when necessary.