View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 08:01 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
1. Misunderstanding on the point about the trade. I thought you were taking PHX posters opinion on whether they'd trade Yandle for futures as evidence. You weren't. My bad.

2. I take the response of people who watch the AHL team regularly on the team boards more seriously than one-off pronouncements on a trade board. Don't you?

If people who watch Rundblad regularly say he is lost defensively and can't connect with his teammates offensively, I believe them. While he might have a high ceiling, I'm interested in immediate contribution, especially if I'm trading Nielsen or Nelson. Or Bailey, for that matter.

As for Donovan not being close to Rundblad as a prospect. One is a liability in the AHL, the other has been the best defender on a team that includes Travis Hamonic. When the Isles next play, they'll only play one rookie PMD, and that'll be Donovan.

I wonder, hypothetically, whether PHX fans would trade Rundblad for Donovan straight up.

Cheers,

Dan-o
So you can value the opinion of PHX fans when it comes to their prospects, but not when it comes to trade proposals involving their team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
According to Pronman, the talent level betwen De Haan and Donovan is very close. He thinks Donovan has the upside to develop into a #3 nhl d-man. De Haan's injuries are a worry, but unless the isles are souring on Donovan and giving up on 22 yr old De Haan, I don't see them rushing into a trade for a pmd prospect.

Also, the isles just used a high 2nd to draft Pokka, another pmd.
I'm in no rush to see Snow deal any top center prospects. I want to see what Strome/Brock Nelson can do in the NYI top 6.
What would your plans be with Strome/Nelson if they both pan out? Just curious.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote