View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I play in Hockey North America league in Cleveland. They're pretty unique in that they have an adult learn to play class (mine was taught by Stanley Cup champion Jock Callander) and then everyone from that class becomes a part of the same team.

So almost all of us were newbies playing against teams formed 2-6 years prior. The first season we considered it a "Win" if we lost by less than 10 goals. The next season we actually won a game. The third season we actually made the playoffs (top 4 of 5 teams) and even managed to eliminate a team (double elimination)

It was a bit frustrating the first few years, but at the same time to have that progression, and for all of us to go from falling down to actually making plays together has been a pretty cool bonding experience.
I definitely think that playing hockey together is similar to guys who have been to war together - you learn a lot about each other very quickly, and would do anything to not let the guy next to you down. It's definitely a great bonding experience, and I have many lifelong friends because of it.

Glad to hear it's going well for you! It certainly isn't an easy game to learn.