View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 08:39 PM
SomeDude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Thats crazy, its still fairly strict in Canada though. Alot of people I know throw campus parties and they are ragers but rarely get busted and if they do the peace officers just tell everyone to go home and thats the end of it. I still cant imagine not being able to drink and go to clubs till 21. A little off topic: I know me and my friends started drinking at parties and such around 15 (the odd weekends) but it didnt seem that odd since legal age was only a couple year away. What age do Americans start hitting the bottle. Do they start later since the drinking age is 3 years more?
I'm sure it differs from person to person, but I got drunk for the first time when I was 15. I didn't actually drink on a regular basis until my senior year of high school when I was 17. My freshman and first semester of sophomore year of college are a complete blur, though. It took me awhile to learn how to drink responsibly.

The small town I went to college in literally has nothing to do, which meant half the people went home every weekend and the other half drank. We had a very good relationship with the police and always cleared parties out when they asked so we had very few run-ins with trouble. Right after I graduated, they fired pretty much the whole police department and cracked down really hard. Things were too out of control at times, some of the stories I could tell don't even seem realistic to me only a few years after, but the new cops are the type that give police officers a bad name. They taze or mace people at any chance they get, and usually end up taking down an innocent bystander. I don't even know if I'll go back for another homecoming after the last 2 years.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote