View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 08:46 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
I know if I was a 4th liner playing in Phoenix or Florida, in front of 4000 fans, I'd feel very lucky to be making ~ 500K to 1 million per year. Same for the super star like Vinny Lecavailer who's making millions and millions while the owner is giving tickets away. Something doesn't feel right with that equation. I'm not sure how anyone with a clear outlook can view this as being normal. Clearly the outcome of this lock out is crucial to owners who are losing money; which let us not forget, is the majority of the league.

The problem in the NHL is that there are too many teams not making profit. Contraction in weak markets is the long term sustainable solution.

Until then, Bettman is trying to do his best to keep the weak franchises afloat. Or, in other words, trying to repair a situation in markets that should have never existed in the 1st place. Or in other words again, trying to cover his ass.

The irony in Bettman's mistake is that his error has resulted in hundreds of employment for players in markets that should have never existed. Plenty of players have become millionaires by playing in markets that bring ZERO profit.

So why is it unacceptable to suggest that players should be willing to make sacrifices so they can continue to make millions playing in empty arenas. I mean, the real solution would be to eliminate these jobs in the 1st place.