View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 08:52 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
This ID thing could be a thing of the past if the United States would get their head straight and just make the legal drinking age 18 or 19, but I digress.

I wonder how this will affect the Grand Rapids Griffins' on-ice performance? Riley, obviously, will miss some time but I'm more interested about Brendan Smith. If he did indeed give his ID to Riley, I'm sure the organization wouldn't take that lightly and may scratch him from some games if he doesn't get in any legal trouble (which I don't think he will, but I don't know how serious fake ID laws are in the States. In Canada it's more or less a slap on the wrist.)
He missed the next game as a scratch and then they went on a huge winning streak and he has played his best hockey of the year. The organization is giving help according to Nill. I do wonder what was said to Smith, but the situation has played itself out really already in a lot of ways. Sure the more information coming out is embarrassing, but most of what you're asking has already taken place.

Sheahan hasn't been made available to comment to the media. Given how they have handled Nicastro's availability I don't expect that to change anytime soon. Smith on the other hand is always available to the media, interestingly we have seen a lot less of him, probably protecting him from commenting.

Keep in mind Ilitch and company have dealt with Probert, McCarty and others. In baseball the same owner has had the Cabrera and both Young brothers situations. They will handle this internally, that is the MO of this group and always has been from the top on down.

If you're waiting for something, get ready to wait a long time.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote