View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 09:05 PM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
you're not crazy for questioning them...but there are more reasons a prospect has for de-committing than they got paid under the table. just b/c a prospect bails doesn't mean that he was paid off.

rightly or wrongly there is a perception that the chl is an easier path to the nhl than the ncaa. for most kids, they don't start college until *after* they've been drafted so may decide they'll get drafted higher if they're playing in the chl during their draft year. ...or , after being drafted, might decide (perhaps with the strong encouragement of their nhl team) that the chl will be better for their development or present a quicker route to the nhl.

even if ^^ isn't accurate, the perception is certainly there...and while i'm sure there is underhanded stuff that goes on, i don't think it's fairly rare.
I realize kids will de-commit, because...they are kids. The are pressured to sign these commitments at young ages. I don't assume that every player that bails does it because of some behind the scenes business, but there are a few that leave me scratching my head. If two teams have been caught, there are probably more that are doing the same thing unfortunately.

It's the Muslim on an airplane syndrome, as wrong as it is.

FytinSioux is offline   Reply With Quote