View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 09:26 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
I realize kids will de-commit, because...they are kids. The are pressured to sign these commitments at young ages. I don't assume that every player that bails does it because of some behind the scenes business, but there are a few that leave me scratching my head. If two teams have been caught, there are probably more that are doing the same thing unfortunately.

It's the Muslim on an airplane syndrome, as wrong as it is.
maybe a couple more (London and SJ come to mind)...but i'd think it's the same v. small group of teams (windsor, portland, prob. london, and maybe sj) doing it.

and, again, i don't think it happens as much as people think...i think there's lemming-like behaviour involved re attracting US kids to the chl. and keep in mind, these players are all pretty young - mostly 17 or younger...and what they want more than anything on the planet is to make it to the nhl...you tell them that if you do X you'll have a 1% greater chance and they'll do it in a second. ...and once they've been drafted i'm sure many of them will do whatever their nhl team suggests.

on a slightly different note...it's interesting the chl doesn't really seem interested in the import draft...which is even more cooked than 1st round of the O draft...most of the big $ goes to the import kids (and we're not talking about free cell phones or a couple of plane tickets here).

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote