View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 500
*gives Bob Richards a non-denominational sugar cookie*

Part of my dislike of Christmas songs is obvious (recovering Cathoholic and all), but really it's just more of the fact that there hasn't been a good Christmas song made for decades now...but we get flooded with 5-6 weeks of them over and over and over and over and every year the classics are ruined by the soulless drones that are topping the charts at the given time.

White Christmas by Bing Crosby? Great. What A Wonderful World by Satchmo? Amazing (although it isn't actually a Christmas song...)? Some milquetoast Rudolph cover by whoever those damn kids are listening to these days? Fehhhhhhhhh.

Also Wonderful Christmastime completely undid all the good that Paul McCartney has ever done in my eyes. That song is being played on a constant loop in the 1st ring of hell (and also on a non-stop loop at every Best Buy from here until December 26th).

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif