Thread: B-Sens 2012-2013 Season Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 12:06 AM
General Granny*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I really like what I saw from Pageau last game. For one of the smaller guys on the team, he was taking big runs at the Bridgeport players. With a bit more strength training a muscle mass, those big runs that he was taking will end up being huge hits.

He also was the first guy on the ice to defend his team mates when the opportunity presented itself. It was good to see a little guy like Pageau not being afraid to gets his nose dirty. It was kind of funny to see a little guy like Pageau defending some of the bigger and tougher players on the team like Jessiman and Eckford.

If he keeps up the physical play, he may very well end up as a Claude Giroux type of player.
I don't think he has the same offensive talents Giroux had when he was at the Q and his first pro career. Giroux had a couple of 100+ point seasons and a point per game season at the AHL level while Pageau had a couple of 70 point seasons at the Q and has 5 points in 15 games so far. We need to temper our expectations on Pageau's upside, just because his coach said in his draft day that he reminds him of Giroux doesnt mean that suddenly that's Pageau's upside. I think he has the tools to be a good player, someone like a Tyler Ennis if everything goes right.