View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleodb View Post
Sorry for any confusion. When I referred to "checking" someone, I was referring more to physically bumping someone off the puck, clearing someone from the front of the net with my shoulder/hip etc. This type of play is allowed in my beer league. From my situation, the difference in our size/weight was quite substantial, so I was just self-conscious.
Yeah self-conscious will kill yeah. I played hockey with a girl on my team back in Atom and possibly Pee Wee. She was one of the first girls to play boys hockey in our area. Anyways, she hated and despised anyone who thought differently of her when she was on the ice because she was a girl. Luckily I never really pissed her off and only offered praise thanks to me being absolutely smitten.

There was another girl that played travel hockey in our league who was decent, in a skilled way. I know my sisters hate it when their thought different of because of their gender. Gives me a good excuse to fire pucks at their head because I want to show them how much I agree their like any other goalie in hockey. Except those two have temper problems on the Hextall scale. If your a guy and playing against them, being in front of the net is not a good idea. Plus if you don't try they'll goad you into trying.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote