Old
05-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
I was about to make a post ont him until I saw this...

All I know about about Savard is the scouting report I read on TSN.

From what I can gather, he seems like another Ribeiro

Or could he add something more:

Assets Is extremely nifty and sees the ice well. Possesses tremendous offensive zone instincts. An excellent playmaker, he finds his teammates with pinpoint precision. Isn't afraid to rile up the opposition.
Flaws Stands only 5-10 and lacks strength. Has below-average skating ability and work ethic. Tends to get under his coach's skin because of a lack of desire.
Career potential Second line center.
(source: http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/...=nhl-thrashers)

Are there any other UFA centermen besides him and Arnott that could fulfill our needs down the middle? I wouldnt want Bob to be overzealous (which I doubt he would) so would it be better to stand pat, sign away or wait till next year (btw, who should be available?)
If we give the #2 line job to Plekanec and move Ribs, we have a hole for a number 3 guy, in which case I'd love us to sign UFAs Marc Chouinard or Matt Cullen for that spot. There isn't that much in the way of #1/2 centers from the UFA list. Patrik Elias can play centre, but he's sure to command a huge paycheck Same for Joe Sakic of course, that is if he decides to leave the only organization he has ever played for. Jason Allison, Yanic Perreault, Michael Peca, Fernando Pisani (would be nice, but likely will stay in his hometown of Edmonton), Jeremy Roenick (not a good fit for us IMO), and Alyn McCauley. That's just about it down the middle. There are many names there I'd take over Ribeiro, but if you factor in that they would have higher salary demands, not much to jump on.