Old
11-29-2012, 03:23 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
Author's brief bio:

I report on the business of sports for Forbes' SportsMoney group. My sports interests range from baseball and hockey to cricket and Formula One, though I have a special place in my heart for college football. Studying sports business interests me as both a writer and a sports fan, and I've found that digging through financial reports is often just as enjoyable as combing a box score.

LOL. No real detail on his qualifications. If you guys rely on Forbes in any way, please note that this guy has ZERO access to the real #'s. Seriously, this guy is in way over his head.

Simple proof. Total debt would be all liabilities (incl short term). Virtually every company has short term liabilities for operations at a minimum. Yet his report has teams with zero?

I wont ever bother with the rest. Intercompany transactions would complicate this A LOT.
so far, i've demonstrated that forbes revenue data, at the very least, adds up. I intend on tackling costs next, which is far more messy, but regardless, i would consider it inexcusable to simply dismiss the only information that we as fans have access to.

if you would like to provide a counterargument, please drop the rhetoric. I've seen that every year. Please provide an empirical counterargument. You appear to attempt to provide one, but it is inherently flawed. Every company does not have debt. Many companies either choose to be responsible by funding liabilities through cash calls, or have such a large surplus of funds that taking on debt is counterproductive in terms of taxes. This easily explains the 4 teams that forbes reports as having zero debt.

So please, bother with the rest. Actually, dont just bother, try this time. Try hard. I very much appreciate academic discourse and debate, so dont waste my time with this garbage.

Last edited by danishh: 11-29-2012 at 03:30 AM.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote