Old
11-29-2012, 03:33 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I'm thinking about a new Laptop and PC sometime in the next few months. I'm not going to allow the laptop to have Windows 8 on it, and the PC I build will have either 7 or Vista on it, most likely 7.

I am really hoping that Linux becomes a LOT more game friendly in the not too distant future because from what I have seen of Windows 8, Windows in general has finally started the rapid spiral down the **** hole as far as useability on the PC goes.

I mean, it looks like a FANTASTIC OS.... for tablets. PC's are not tablets.
You should try and build your PC from parts. It's not hard, and you save a boatload of money plus it'll be much better and reliable than the stuff from the shop shelves. Another great thing is that you can optimize the parts exactly the way you want. If you value gaming performance, you can invest on a good GPU and save money in other parts.

I spent about 800e ($1050) on my rig in August, although I did have a 320GB HDD and a CD/DVD drive from my old PC, so I saved a bit of money on those. Basically, I bought the case, processor, motherboard, GPU, PSU, RAM and a couple of extra fans for cooling (which I still haven't hooked up as it runs just fine with a single fan thanks to the case). I also bought new keyboard and mouse, but didn't include those in the price as they are not directly related.

Specs:

Code:
Intel Core i3-2100, dual core @ 3.10ghz
nVidia GeForce GTX 560
8GB of RAM @1666mhz
320GB HDD
850W PSU
Fractal Design Define R4 case
And speaking of the case in question, if you can find it, buy it. Should cost around $100-120 and it's just awesome. Lots of space, very quiet and stays incredibly cool as well.

Oh, and did I mention it looks flat out awesome?

As for the laptop, are you looking for gaming performance or portability? Or both? What about the screen size?

And lastly, you'll want Windows 7. Vista is a steaming pile of cow dung.