View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 05:59 AM
BlackNgold 84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
I think you are all right to an extent...the offensive line is playing above expectations, based on the injuries they have endured (thanks in large part to Scarnecchia...he gets a big slice of the credit pie too). They have excelled in both pass AND run blocking, so they deserve full credit. But I also think that Tom Brady makes them, as he would any line in the NFL, look even better than they are. That is not to say that they are not talented in their own right, that is just a nod to the command Brady has over the offense, and to how quickly he is able to read coverages and get rid of the ball, not to mention his pocket presence. It's uncanny how well he is able to feel pressure, step-up and get rid of the ball. I also think that the frenetic pace with which they run the offense is helpful to negate some of what teams are able to do with the pass rush.

Anyway, as Bill would say, football is a team game, and it takes the line working in accordance with Brady/ RBs/ TEs to truly be as effective as possible.
Tom Brady is a great qb.. not saying he isn't. Scarnecchia is also one of the best positional coaches there is in the game.. mans been doing it for what? over 20 years?... My problem with parillo is that he so easily says "brady makes the line better" or "brady is why the line is going good right now" are the quotes/lines i hear from pink jersey pats fans who don't know what the hell they are talking about. Never in my 28 years of existence and watching football have i ever heard "the quarterback made his line look great today" its the opposite, because the opposite is true. The line keeps the qb off his ass so that he can look great... but then again this is all coming from a fat body who played both d line and o line haha.