Old
11-29-2012, 06:36 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
what a load of nosence.

KHL had to feel like winning lotto when getting first non-soviet team from hockey-relevant country and with decent history. Because till then, all you got was artificial projects like LEV, applications from non-hockey areas (Milano) and a lot of howlers and refusals from hockey relevant countries. Slovan help KHL to look better, while KHL help Slovan to play a real league, itīs win-win for both sides. Marginalising Slovan to "another poor KHL club" is too dumb even for your standards. Get off your high horse.

Anyway, Slovan is hardly a poor team. New arena, every game sold out weeks in advance (bar Riga game, no idea why), hockey mad environment and tradition you guys can only dream about.

KHL sold Slovan rights to a TV that has a potential to approach max 5-10% of all audience due to poor coverage and in addition cant sell their games via official site to non-russian speakers. While selling the right to Sport2 was a brainfart, it could be blamed on idiocy of our TVs (as we discussed elsewhere). But the latter one is kinda difficult to explain when even NHL has Slovak version of their site. Calling it a "room for improvement" is quite understatement. Every seller on ebay with hunderds of bucks turnover is capable to offer payment via paypal account nowadays, but for KHL it seems to be a problem.

whats exactly is hmm on the fact that Slovan isnt willing to let their profit to ticket scalpers ? Because discussions/complaints/*****ing/whinning aside, ppl are obviously willing to pay increased price when every game is sell out.
Dont know if there is sense to answer, but lets do it.

Yes, Slovan has all you described, that is fine. On the other hand, Slovan is poor KHL club. Now. We are speaking about 10 mil(+/-) EURO budget. If you want to be competitive in KHL, you need at least 20 mil EURO. Yes, Slovan is 5th in conference now, that is great. But look at their PR department, media communication, website etc - it is not KHL level. And yes, KHL does not need such clubs anymore, clubs where is no potential. Therefore no Kosice, Trencin etc. I can not see more slovak teams in KHL if the model of KHL is the same. On the other hand, I see a big potential of slovak clubs in MHL.

Quote:
tradition you guys can only dream about.
you are overrating tradition

Dont want to discuss TV right again. There is a reason why SportTV owns these rights, if you dont know why, use google or previous discussion at HfB. The same about "selling their games via official site " I give you a great bussiness idea - find out money, email to KHL and I am sure you get this job. Your company will profit from it You think it is such easy, something like contracts/law/cooperation etc say nothing to you. Great.

I hope you know why PayPal is not working for KHL website. Just to note, blame PayPal, not KHL.

No, the bold part means that fans have problem to pay 30 EURO for ticket via internet auction organised by club.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote