View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 06:55 AM
Al Smith

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
It was nice before Crosby. You could actually afford to go to games. Hell, I used to sit along the sides in the lower boThe cheapest ticket you can find now is $60+ for an upperbowl seat.
My parents had season tickets from the late 70s through 1996. Before Mario was drafted, during some games you could almost have a conversation with someone on the opposite side of the Arena, but the people there (usually about half of the Arena's capacity) were really loyal fans who loved to talk hockey (when were the Pens ever going to get a goalie; why do we trade all of our draft picks for has-beens, etc.) between periods and before the game. Mario and then success brought corporate season tickets, including guys, and especially their girlfriends/wives, who knew absolutely nothing about hockey and did unforgiveable things like coming late and then getting up to leave during play. My family gave up their C-level center ice tickets the year after Mario retired (the first time) and the team basically doubled their seat price (with a 10% discount for being a valued season ticket holder). So, we were effectively priced out of the market long before Sid came along. But I don't really mind Center Ice and my relatively large big screen.

Al Smith is offline   Reply With Quote