View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
bad enough for Bozak to shake his cane at, apparently.

love Borderlands. way more replayability in single player than a normal fps.
It's the RPG factor. Seriously, driving numbers up and gaining new powers and weapons is addictive.

Although I will say after about 4-5 replays (including the second time you play through and restart the game with all your weapons and level) it gets old. But we're talking maybe 80-100 hours worth of play time...solid.

I'm a Mac guy now but I REALLY like Windows 7. The smart search and program launch integrated into the menu, Aero peek, general look and feel, stability, speed....it's a VERY good OS.

I tried Win 8 for a few months on my netbook. Once you got into the desktop it was okay, but the concept of having to "launch" the desktop made it feel like about 20 years backwards. Also the native apps wouldn't run due to the low resolution of the screen. It's made for tablets but can't handle 1024x600?

Also tried several versions of Linux on that machine. Mint was probably the best followed by Ubuntu. Both had problems where they'd lose my wi-fi and other drivers sporadically and Ubuntu kept locking up even off a fresh install. Still felt like amateur hour.

At some point I'm going to have to buy Win 7 because it won't let me install any version with the key it came with and I need to turn it into an iTunes server for my Apple TV.