View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 07:37 AM
specialteams

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralVet90 View Post
While I appreciate what the team is trying to do here, and fully support the quest to end bullying and increase mental health awareness, does anyone else agree with me that the Gloucester Rangers should spend more time trying to win hockey games as opposed to making a parody video of Gagnam Style? If I were a team on the outside looking in of the Central league's playoff picture, I would like to think this time could have been better used going over systems, working on special teams, etc. This is, after all, the Central Junior A Hockey League. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYONrg9vxcM
I think it all depends how much time was invested? Yes, improving on the ice and getting wins is important but nobody can deny extracurricular projects away from hockey can prove to be critical in the teambuilding and overall morale which could lead to victories. If the focus is just on hockey, on the ice, video sessions it becomes a job. Anything you do especially in team sports has to be fun - even the big clubs coordinate team outings away from the rink so players can get to know each other. I'm thinking that the team got closer, definitely looked like it was fun, engaged with their minor hockey association and also brought attention to a serious problem in our society.

Yes, it's the Central Canada Hockey League and some very serious Junior A hockey but in the end theres' a bigger picture and as I said I don't think it can hurt their chemistry.