View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Would people go out and buy Stanley Cup Champs T-shirts that said, "Southern Ontario Beer Guzzlers, 2013 Stanley Cup Champs" on it?
First of all, I have never bought a Stanley Cup Champions t-shirt. I would make a point of buying the Southern Ontario Beer Guzzlers one, because I think it would be hilarious.

Second of all, I haven't read the whole thread, but people are talking about replacing the Memorial or Allen Cup with the Stanley Cup this season. I, like others in this thread, think that that's absurd and that we shouldn't be throwing other prestigious trophies under the bus like that.

That being said, the Memorial Cup is the top prize for Major Junior, and the Allen Cup is the top prize for Senior hockey. Why not have the Stanley Cup return to it's role as the top prize for amateur hockey, and have the Memorial and Allen Cup champions play each other in a seven game series? I'd even be okay with starting it off with a weird round robin with the RBC Cup champions. I'd watch a series between the Drakkar and Bentley Generals... Hell, I'd really make a point of going and buying a Stanley Cup Champions t-shirt if a Major Junior team won.

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote