Thread: OT: Music
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Strummergas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Acrostic View Post
Finally getting a little more settled on this backpacking adventure......went to a club in the Wedding area of Berlin....this place is like an old factory or something called Staatbad.....tunnels and dj's and the longest queue for coatcheck.....didn't even know why.

Then you get into this one room and it's dj's at the deep end of an empty swimming pool with a dance area from the front up to the shallow end with a walkway rounding the space above it. I suddenly realized I recognized the damned dj. It was freaking Lindstrom. (If anyone else here listens to any current quality non-cliché electronica, you may know the name.)

Party went until like 10am. These Berliners don't stop. Awesome show.

In Berlin for another 4 days and then I'm hitting up my buddies in Bielefeld (western Germany), doing some audio mastering for them and I should have a gig there next week.

With the exception of my supposed-to-be-unlocked iPhone being a pain in the ass (no pocket translator or google maps, the traveler's two best friends in a new place,) the trip is starting to level out to good.
Awesome! I hope the rest of the trip is as good as what you've experienced so far.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote