Thread: B-Sens 2012-2013 Season Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I really like what I saw from Pageau last game. For one of the smaller guys on the team, he was taking big runs at the Bridgeport players. With a bit more strength training a muscle mass, those big runs that he was taking will end up being huge hits.

He also was the first guy on the ice to defend his team mates when the opportunity presented itself. It was good to see a little guy like Pageau not being afraid to gets his nose dirty. It was kind of funny to see a little guy like Pageau defending some of the bigger and tougher players on the team like Jessiman and Eckford.

If he keeps up the physical play, he may very well end up as a Claude Giroux type of player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
We were calling him Mighty Mouse in the stands. Guy wasn't afraid to finish a check, even if he was falling off of them like fleas.
I love this observation. Why?

Because he's doing exactly what development people and coaches in Ottawa want him to do. It's probably the hardest thing for him to do but the most beneficial. When you're small, you've gotta play big if you wanna play in the NHL.

Someday Pageau may move people on contact like you said, and if he means business on the ice, he'll probably mean business in the weight room and the kitchen. Good stuff, something to monitor.