View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 09:49 AM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
I think Jones speculation/conspiracy theories are a dead end.

As has already been mentioned, he was never dead set on the NCAA(wasn't committed to any school, officially). His rights were owned by a subpar WHL team and he decided that if was going to go to the WHL, he was going to go to a premier organization(Portland).

For examples of this, see hundreds of chl trades involving players with serious clout(ie talent).
Everett, everyone else and there mother knew Jones wouldn't come to the WHL to play on a bad team. Portland took a chance knowing that they probably had one of the better chances in the league to get him. It happens all the time, just in different ways. Domi going to the Knights. Nathan MacKinnon even.

Portland released the apparent infractions.

Flights for players families that had financial need, paying for training programs for a few players, a cell phone for the Captain for three seasons.

I'm not sure I take it at face value, especially considering the severeness of the penalty. The CHL is definitely trying to make an example of them, but I can't imagine it's only for the reasons above.

Portland has had some pretty good scouting, that shouldn't be taken away from them. But some incidents that could be ones that were under investigation. Oliver Bjorkstrand is one.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote