Old
11-29-2012, 11:18 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Absolutely true.

They also ensure 30 x 20 = 600 jobs that pay membership (including 3rd and 4th liners) very,very, very well for playing a game. The true downside from the players point of view is that decertification would lead to about 100 jobs that pay absolutely insane salaries for the top players, another 100-200 that don't pay nearly so well for the good players and about another 300-400 jobs that would just go poof.

There's a reason that every major sport in the U.S. operates under the current structure. It's better for everyone involved.
This what I hope the PA gets. A true free market would result in an extreme salary imbalance between the elite players and the scrubs. It will also cause major on ice competitive balance issues. There would be a lot of Miami Marlins out there. It may also lead to some teams folding because they can't keep up with the spending and still ice a competitive team. Which would lead to lost PA opportunities.

I think the decertification threat is an excellent bargaining move by the PA. I hope it doesn't get to that point, and that cooler heads prevail (ha). I also hope that the players are being advised on potential long term consequences and are not being led off a cliff by Fehr in the name of pursuing an ideal.