View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Stu Macher

vCash: 500
I've actually been re-watching the Three Colors trilogy, because I've been wanting to write about them. I agree, Red is the strongest of the trilogy, and White is the weakest (although I still do feel it's very good).

Irene Jacob is actually my favorite of the three actresses, but that might be leftover love from The Double Life of Veronique, a film I'd probably put in my top 10 (and arguably my favorite female performance). I think Juliette Binoche is great, as you'd expect from her, and Julie Delpy is not enough of a presence in her story.

The actors name in White is Zbigniew Zamachowski, and if you liked him and Jerzy Stuhr together in Kieslowski's Three Colors: White, they are wonderful together in the tenth chapter of Kieslowski's The Decaloge, where they play brothers who become closer after their fathers death when they inherit the man's stamp collection. While you're at it, the previous 9 chapters of The Decalogue are pretty darn good as well... if you have a free day or two to watch them.