View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
When talking about MacKinnon and Drouin being # 1 & 2 in the draft,Team Canada might be wise to consider the Huberdeau-Drouin-MacKinnon line from the Subway Series. Having Top End scoring ability against all of the Countries involved in the Lockout is a good idea not only for next years team but this years edition.Drouin is the only player that has scored at over 2 points a game average in Junior Hockey this season.
It is a small sample and I don't get to see Drouin and MacKinnon in regular league play, but based on the Game 2 SSS, I would definitely have them as strong candidates for Team Canada, despite their age. They are just that good. Even in a lockout year with some other big name talent available which otherwise might not have been, I would be ready to find a spot for those two on the team... they would still have to earn it in camp, of course, they are not in the category of player who is a pre-camp lock, but I would definitely have them in camp and be thinking of them as strong candidates to win spots.