Old
11-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Ugh...

There are a grand total of nine active players who are above a point/game in their careers. Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Selanne, and Jagr are wingers. That leaves Crosby, Malkin, Spezza, Backstrom, and Stamkos as the only active, career PPG centers in the league. Meaning that Backstrom has a higher career PPG than likely HoFers like Thornton and Datsyuk. People don't seem to realize how elite Backstrom has been over the beginning of his career since he's been relatively quiet the past two seasons. If it weren't for Rene Bourque's elbow, there wouldn't even be a question about this right now.

I have no doubt that Backstrom is ahead of guys like Kopitar, Tavares, Seguin, Giroux and Staal. And I'd take him ahead of Toews and Sedin as well, but that's a matter of personal preference. And to compare him with Patrick Kane is completely laughable. Even if Kane was really a center, he's one dimensional and isn't even as good as that aspect of the game as Backstrom (let alone Backstrom's vastly superior defense).
You'd take Backstrom over Tavares Giroux and Toews? Have to disagree with that...

Kopitar, Seguin and Kane I agree with though (could change in the future).

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote