View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Run the Jewels

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Wouldn't Almqvist be a better example. Sure his ice time is getting better, but they will do what they feel is best for Marchenko. Not too mention the CBA might have a great impact on how he feels about coming over anyway now. They prefer them to dominate at each level and it makes those decisions easier. But it is clear they take different approaches with different guys.

What I think he was talking about more than anything is they keep out of some of the you must do this stuff. They encourage guys to develop certain parts of their game but really just want them to do their very best for their current team. Kind of a winning mentality, like Nedomlel offense shoots up but he isn't pulling his weight defensively. Concentrate in your own zone help your team win more was his message.

They also do a lot of talk about dominating your shift and making a difference the whole game. Harping on uneven performances, I don't think it is just statistics. How does Marchenko look when he is actually playing, that kind of stuff? If we were coaching would he be earning more ice time? I think it is a feel process, but the message to each guy is if you're dominating that impresses us the most, which is an easier message to communicate.

But even guys like Nestrasil, Jurco, and Tvrdon have heard or been told the numbers might indicate dominance but we don't see it enough.
With Almqvist they were not happy with his role in the SEL so that's why they had him come over. So the only way I see Marchenko ever playing in the AHL is if the DRW brass are not happy with is role in the KHL. Otherwise I see him likely making the jump from the KHL to the NHL.