View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Using last year's teams here is a pretty good list of 3rd line centers. BB would fall pretty low on this list if you were ranking these players from best to worst (all around). If you disagree with that then the bridge in this discussion is too wide for us to continue.

Staal - yeah...cause there's Crosby and Malkin in front of him.
Tom Pyatt
Zach Smith
Josh Bailey
Lapierre
Zubrus- not even a center
Hanzus
Stoll
Sutter-wasn't he playing second line for CAR?
Kelly-I'll give you that one
Hudler
Fidler
Stajan
Eller
Kruger
Matthias
Cogliano
Duschene-LOL
Arnott-old and slow
Colin Wilson
Horcoff-someone with a 5.5 cap hit better be good at third line center.
Connolly
Antropov- top 6 in Winnipeg
Laich (or Johannson)-Laich played a lot with Ovi. (top 6) johannson is young.
Cullen
Hodgson- H Sedin and Kesler in front of him.
Letestu
Langkow
Couturier-you mean the 19 year old rookie who would be playing right behind Giroux this season? Yeah...OK

I'm sure a few of these guys didn't play center primarily and you may want to argue that a few are second line centers although I think this is pretty accurate in that regard. But, there aren't alot of guys on here that I would turn down in a one for one for BB if I am filling the role of 3rd line center. I wouldn't trade him for Pyatt, Bailey, and Letestu. The rest are either a toss up or a deal I would make in a second (there's alot more of those)

I want my 3rd line center to have some ability to scare the other team defensively and take advantage of their third defensive pairing.

btw, the stats that discuss where on the ice each shift starts are widely mocked and certainly shouldn't be presented here as meaning something definitive. It's a fine discussion point, but some of you act as if those stats are gospel.
Boyle's not the perfect 3rd line center. Although I'm sure we'd all trade Brian Boyle for J Staal, Sutter, Couturier, and Duchene. But that's unrealistic.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote