View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I think they should have traded an outfielder, but it should have been the guy who just had a career year and at his prime age. That's how you handle things when you're one of the worst teams in the league. Span still held value for this team and would still retain that type of value for the foreseeable future. No reason to move him in particular for a completely inferior player like Revere who I think is not not a capable everyday guy. He doesn't get on base near enough to be a top of the order guy, and he may as well just be kicking the ball towards infield instead of using his "arm." While his range is great, he's not a player they should be clearing space for, IMO.

The rest of the OF prospects have certainly shown their worth and are very much on their way, but I don't see the need to clear a path at this point in time. Just my take, though.
I would guess Hammer is on the block next...although then you'd have a mediocre batting order with mediocre pitchers rather than a good batting order with terrible pitchers.