View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
That is the exact tactic that the owners are trying to use against the NHLPA..is to divide them against Don/Steve Fehr. The NHL truly believes that the players are not getting all the facts from DF. What the owners fail to remember is that in more than half of the bargaining sessions ACTUAL players are present...Malhotra, Hainsey, Parros, Westgarth etc...and none of these players have reported to the other players or media that they are getting anything but the truth from DF.
Then there's DF's spin on the truth. Go read some of his memo's to the PA. One of the ones that sticks to my mind was something along the lines of "the NHL offered to make whole, but they don't really make whole" - without explaining why exactly they didn't really make whole.

The other thing is you do not know how involved those players are, and whether they're simply puppets to DF or not. I don't know them, nor am I there, so I don't have a clue. But it all depends on the individual and how much of the kool-aid they've had. Then you have all the stars backing DF (you know, all those guys who stand to potentially lose big on their massive deals), which could be intimidating to some guys... well Crosby, Ovie, etc all support DF's plan... I should to. It really makes you wonder how united some of the players really are (3rd/4th liners, 4-6 dmen, older guys who only have a few years left, etc).

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."