View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 07:55 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
How is Matteau doing defensively?

Is he playing PK roles and key defensive situations? I'm hoping he can be a more offensively oriented forward at the next level, but realistically, he may be a third liner. Not that he would be a waste, but it would make him a lot more valuable if he play defensive minutes if he tops out in a third line role.
He does not play the PK and he is not used in key defensive situations. He isnt ''bad'' defensively but that is not his forte either. I would expect/hope the Devils try and developp him into an offensive player because that is what he is.

His play on the ice is mainly offense-oriented, he is a player that will crash the net and put himself in a position to score, he will forecheck hard and play along the boards, but he is not usually someone that will give a lot of effort to the defensive side of the game, except if someone is vulnerable enough to be hit hard lol

Of course when he breaks in, your coach might start by using him on the 4th line because he can really hit and grind it out, until he gains more experience/confidence. But he will climb up the charts pretty quick I think with his size, agressiveness, skating and shooting ability he will not last long on your 3rd line

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote