Old
11-29-2012, 08:14 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I saw the playoffs. I'm not one of those Luongo haters saying "ZOMG he lost his job!" Me taking Schnieder isn't a knock on Luongo.

The Canucks played like crap in front of him against the Kings, I understand that. I understand that the Canucks scored 8 goals in 7 games in the Stanley Cup Finals. They blamed Luongo anyway. I also vividly remember team USA lighting up Brodeur in the prelims at the 2010 Olympics, and Luongo coming in and playing like a beast in the Gold Medal Game. Everyone forgets that one.

I like Luongo, and I sympathize with him being labeled a choker for, well, no reason. But at this point I'd take Schnieder. I don't think Luongo is an elite goalie anymore. A good one, but not what he used to be. I think Schnieder is on his way to that level, and I'd prefer him. I think when this Olympics rolls around and Luongo is aging and Schneider has gotten his feet wet, it'll be a little clearer. That's nothing against Luongo. I'd take Hamhuis over Edler too, that doesn't make Edler a poor defenseman.
For **** sake! After Luongo's typical poor October, he didn't have a full month where his SVP was below 0.921. This coming a year after Luongo was a Vezina finalist and the playoff MVP on a team that came within 1 win of the Stanley Cup! What more do you expect??