View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 08:47 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
I will second the Hawerchuck comparison...although I think Hawerchuck and Stevens are both pretty similar players but Hawerchuk was more prolific so your comparison is a little bit better than mine. Regardless we agree on the skillset.

I think the comparisons to Turgeon and Lafontaine are way off based on skating. JT is a much improved skater and above average in my opinion, don't get me wrong. He is nowhere near the agility level that Turgeon and Lafontaine showed though.
I think Lafontaine was a much better skater than both Turgeon and Tavares. I always hated the lack of fire in Turgeon's game (except for that ONE season) and always hoped he'd become a better leader for a team that needed it. But it just wasn't in his nature.

I don't like comparisons, so no further comment.

Separately, I wouldn't read too much into stats that NHL players produce in Europe. Different leagues, different games, rink sizes, level of competition, each player there under different circumstances.

Is anyone shocked that Tavares can produce without Moulson and Parenteau on his wings?
Is anyone shocked that some of these Swiss players, on JTs line, are having statistically strong seasons?

Selfishly, for Isles fans, let's be thankful that Tavares looks like his game is still evolving. And as periferal said, be thankful that our young prospects are playing where they should be playing, for a change. This includes Cizikas, Ullstrom, Nino, Strome, Nelson, deHaan (pre-injury), Donovan, Kabanov (pre-injury), Reinhart.

Last edited by redbull: 11-29-2012 at 10:44 PM.
redbull is online now   Reply With Quote