View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 09:41 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
1- So just ignore Thomas, okay. And yes, Brodeur is past his prime, but guess what? He still got the nod to start for team Canada in 2010.

2- So you're basing this on that you expect Luongo to decline. What about other goalies like Vokoun or Kiprusoff? Neither of those goalies were/are as good as Luongo, and they haven't declined noticeably as of yet.

3/4- So you're saying Luongo, who's average sv% in Florida was .9192%, and in Vancouver was .9197%, so obviously Luongo must have suddenly declined without anyone knowing it for his sv% to have remained the same. And are you really going to take the sv% of goalies only one season after being traded as a benchmark? See if Elliott or Smith repeat, then come back to me.

5- Avatar bet that Luongo will not be backing up Schneider in 2013-2014?

6-Sure he could lose it, just like Brodeur lost it. But he'll still start, and it's his to lose.
1- I'm not ignoring Thomas, I'm saying Thomas is completely different and not really comparable to Luongo. They have completely different career paths, you have no idea if Lu will be that good in old age.

2- Kipper is very good at times, but again extremely inconsistent. He's due for a bad year again. Vokoun has started to decline just last season. Hence splitting time with Neuwirth and Holtby, and being traded for scraps.

3/4- Luongo is definitely worse than he was in Florida. His SV% is higher because he plays on a good team, simple. Elliott and Smith, my point exactly. They are nothing special but put up great numbers on good teams.

5- Avatar bet than Luongo will not start for Vancouver in 2013-14.

6- if he doesn't play/sucks in 2013-14, he won't start

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote