View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 10:53 PM
MAK19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDRR View Post
Nope. The point was that Luongo was just as good as Schneider at even strength, and was left out to dry on special teams (there were considerably fewer short handed chances for the Kings after Schneider came in).

Do you understand now?

See when I was mentioning even strength save percentage, you should have understood I was making a point about special teams. The fact that you took "he got scored on" from my post is very concerning.

...unless you somehow believe Luongo was playing on a level battlefield with Schneider when he was facing a LAK penalty kill that was more potent offensively than the VAN PP, whereas Schneider was not.

You said Schneider showed what a real goalie could do behind that system. Be able to defend this opinion is essential to quantifying your opinion on anything about Luongo.
Luongo faced half the shots Schneider did though. AND scoring chances short-handed doesn't automatically mean a goal against. Goalies are allowed to make the save you know. That's my point.

Schnieder had a MUCH better regular season... mostly due to being consistent and not inconsistent like Luongo.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote