View Single Post
Old
05-26-2006, 01:41 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
I thought Perezhogin and Plekanek where the most dangerous duo during the playoff. If you stick them together on the second line and pair them with Kovalev we would certainly have something to work with.

Then perhaps we could get great third liners and stick on of Lapierre or Chipchura between them. Both Fieson and Langunbrunner are available. They where making a heck of a third line with Madden in NJ. Might be easier to land Frieson and Langunbrunner then it would be to land Elias!

1. Higgins, Koivu, Ryder
2. Perezhogin, Plekanek, Kovalev
3. Frieson, Chipchura, Langunbrunner
4. Begin, Bonk, Murray
I don't like the idea of signing Lagenbrunner and Friesen now. Well, they are good players and all but I really don't think we are there yet. Those guys would be useful if we were a team like the Ottawa Senators who are perennial contenders. They are the final piece of the puzzle and I feel that we are still building our core. In 2 or 3 years players like those two would be more than welcome. I just think we have to be patient with our youngsters give them the chance to succeed and than had those kind of players to make a push towards a cup.