View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 10:07 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howlman View Post
Let me put it this way chewy, Sudbury will NEVER win a championship with mark burgess as an owner, take that to the bank. No point in ranting about this team I could go on and on its a joke of an organization and sad for the Sudbury faithful. It breaks my heart but the truth hurts.
I agree that he is a weak link in the Sudbury system, but hear me out.

It seems like he spends the money, and they get the support. He doesnt seem to interfere in the day to day hockey operations, coaching, and trades, from what I have been told, and seen??

For example, this year with Vilardi, they blew it, but I dont think it was mainly because of the spot given to Connor Burgess that upset Vilardi and sent him back home. Guys like Huether or Schutt/Cull or Desrochers shouldnt have taken up a development spot for Vilardi, who happens to be a highly skilled centreman. Unless Burgess made that call, then you would have to blame that fiasco on BS.

Also, they dont play Cummins because they say he is terrible? Who drafted him at 14th overall? A first rounder dman on a weak Sudbury Defence should play his first year and get some half decent minutes. Not the case.

They used a high import pick last year to select the Swedish goalie, and they had him only for one year??? If they couldnt get an import goalie that could play at least 2 years with the team, then trade the pick for a starting goalie that would last 2-3 years in Sudbury??

The above are all bad hockey decisions/moves and if Mark Burgess pulled the strings on all those calls, then YES you are right, but if it was BS, then we need to get rid of BS and get a true hockey guy.