View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 10:10 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
1-Well looking at Thomas, Brodeur, Vokoun, Nabokov, Theodore, Kiprusoff, all of whom had great seasons at 35, I'd say it's safe to say Luongo won't buck the trend.

2-Vokoun played fine until he was injured, not sure what you're talking about.

3/4- So again, his somehow his play declined exactly to the point where he was getting the exact same numbers as his career average in Florida? And you can't judge a goalie's performance based on one season. If Smith and Elliott repeat, then come back.

5- Uh, no. You specifically said Luongo will get less playing time behind Schneider in 2013-2014. And I would bet you that Luongo will be the starter, wherever he is, in 2013-2014.

6- And if Miller sucks, he also won't start for USA. So what? Luongo has never had a season with a below .913 sv% in his career. Expecting him to suddenly suck seems more like something you want to happen than something one can realistically expect.
1-It's not impossible. But that said would you be comfortable playing any of those guys at 35 to start for Canada in the Olympics? Maybe Thomas, that's it for me.

2- Overall Vokoun was not great. Not sure what you're talking about. Started off hot but cooled down a lot.

3- He didn't decline immediately obviously. But right now he is worse than in Florida. Pretty obvious. You're not getting my point about Elliott and Smith. They have sucked for MULTIPLE seasons, but this year were very good just suddenly. Because they finally played on a good team.

5- Yep if Lu and Schneider play on the same team, Schneider will play more. I didn't take your bet in case Lu gets traded, because then he obviously wouldn't be backing up Schneider.

6- I could see him being lower than that in the first half of 2013-14. Bad Octobers remember?

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote