View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 10:18 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Interesting idea by Betteman, asked NHLPA if they wanted to have meeting with just owners and players, no members from either board in the meeting. Shows that Betteman wants hockey and is willing to try anything to get it done.

It's a different idea but one I think has some merit and could work. Cut out the middle man and let the people who are the ones taking part in this sit down and try to hash out a plan to get this thing back on track.

The PA's response to this tells me everything. If they say they yes then they want to get hockey back. If they refuse Fehr has proven he wants nothing to do with settling and only wants to prolong this lockout and therefore his media exposure and that the players want $ and couldn't care less about anything else.
excuse me if i'm a bit more cynical than you. firstly, it's not clear who from the owners that bettman proposes would be at this meeting. secondly, i dont' agree that it would be more productive for the owners and the players to negotiate directly with each other...in fact, it sounds to me like a nightmare waiting to happen.

in any event, i don't see this suggestion by bettman as in anyway suggesting that bettman is "willing to try anything "to get hockey back