View Single Post
Old
11-29-2012, 11:29 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I think it's unfortunate how after one trade a large number of Leafs fans are unwilling to make any trades that are not a clear cut steal for them. Sure, Schneider might bust and you could miss out on another Seguin. Or Schneider could become a franchise goaltender, Schroeder a solid two-way centre that complements Kessel/Lupul, Gardiner bust, and the pick turns out to be a 4th line grinder.

There's risk involved in any trade. A 7th rounder for Crosby? But Crosby has concussion injuries and the 7th rounder might be the next Lidstrom/Datsyuk.

Risk is a part of trades. Deal with it.

/rant
Maybe it may have something to do with us believing in our players. Gardiner has unreal skating and looked amazing in his first year in the league. This draft is looking to be one of the most center deep in many years (Mackinnon, Monahan, Barkov, Lindholm among others ). Gardiner is much more of a sure thing then Schroeder is. Even Kadri, who is ripped apart by everyone has made much more progress than the undersized Schroeder. With regards to Schneider, yes he is a solid goaltender who could potentially become a main stay in Leaf. But is he worth risking a potential top 5 pick on? Hell no.

Yes there are risks in every trade. But the Leaf's are in no position to gamble two essential pieces to there future for a chance to find a solid goaltender.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote