View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Canucks5551

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I'm from a family of scientist so I know how science works, not to mention I'm not calling out science but the people IN science. And there is plenty of evidence and was willing to show it but I'm not going to do it when people refuse to believe there is any possibility they can exist. And yes I do consider people who close to their eyes to this on the same level as those who at one point refused to believe the earth is round and earth revolved around the sun. Whats the point man? Until then I will wait to see what Ketchum has in her paper.

And watch what happens if her evidence can't be debunked, there are going to be many in the science community mad as hornets about it, so NO I don't believe many in science would be genuinely thrilled or happy about this discovery. Many are going to be pissed off that it ain't a myth anymore.
Nobody is calling Bigfoot impossible. However, it is very improbable due to the many reasons mentioned already. Your comparison to heliocentrism is a poor one because the heliocentric model had concrete evidence to back it up. Bigfoot has anecdotal evidence.

Why would people be mad? I don't know of anyone who stakes their career on the nonexistance of Bigfoot. Scientists would accept the confirmatory evidence and move on. There's no shame in changing your position once new evidence comes to light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
There are plenty of legitimate arguments as to why Bigfoot doesn't exist, but this one is weak. There are hundreds of new species discovered on land each year. Many in incredibly populated areas. A new species of frog was found in New York City this year. A species of large spiders was found in the Pacific Northwest.

More than half of the population of the Pacific Northwest lives in the Portland/Seattle/Vancouver megalopolis. There are large portions of the northwest with very low population densities. Garfield County, Washington has only a population of 2,266 people in 710 sq. miles of land, and more than 60% of them live in the city of Pomeroy. Thus, there's only about one person per square mile in the rest of that county.
I disagree. The thousands of Bigfoot needed to sustain a viable breeding population would need to travel great distances to forage for food to maintain their large mass, similar to the grizzly bear. It's inconceivable that there wouldn't be concrete evidence of one, even in the sparsest populated areas in the Pacific Northwest.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote