Thread: Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty signs with Ambri-Piotta (SUI)
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 12:38 AM
ChoseLa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
Just listening to the Jason Strudwick show on Edmonton's theteam1260 radio station where Strudwick was interviewing current Swiss league player and former NHL player Hnat Domenichelli regarding NHL players playing in Switzerland during the lockout. Hnat talked about how some players like Seguin and Kane have flourished while others haven't and then he brought up Pacioretty's situation. Let me just state that Domenichelli never played on the same team as Max but he got this info from a very reliable source. He started off by saying that Pacioretty reported to the team in terrible shape and didn't put in the work ethic compared to the rest of the team in the eyes of the organization. This apparently really ticked off his coach, Kevin Constantine, and their relationship was a rocky one right off the hop.

Next he talked about Pacioretty's elbow injury. He said that after Max injured his elbow he didn't feel like it was serious enough to be scratched from the lineup. Constantine and team trainers felt differently and decided to sit him a few games and give him a rest. This didn't go over too well with Pacioretty and it eventually resulted in another altercation with Constantine. I guess this was the last straw for Pacioretty because Domenichelli also hinted that it was actually Max's relationship with the coach and organization which led to him quitting and not the actual injury itself. Domenichelli said that North American players coming over to Switzerland needed to have a certain attitude toward the Swiss game and country itself and that Pacioretty just didn't have that type of attitude.

I'm just curious has Pacioretty ever had issues with work ethic or problems with coaches in the past or was this just an isolated incident? Pacioretty has been my favorite Hab for the past couple of seasons and I'm just hoping I'm getting the wrong impression from this Domenichelli's comments.
He's recognize has the Habs with the best off-ice habits, he's a training specimen, trains harder than anyone. His training coach said he never met a guy like that. So what you are reporting , not yourself, is hard to believe.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote