View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 02:03 AM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Yeah people just want to create some kind of singular scapegoat that they can blame everything for because of their own frustration, but I'm not seeing it here.

Jacobs may not be the most pleasant guy, but I'd bet dollars to donughts most NHL owners feel the same way.

This notion that the Torontos and Bostons and Montreals of the league are just fine and dandy with shipping off bigger and bigger chunks of their profit to keep 10-15 other franchises afloat for another 10 years never passed the BS test for me.

Nor does this idea that the NHL BOG is some how held hostage by Bettman and one or two owners. It's nice fantasy, but it's not reality.
If Toronto, Boston and Montreal are making their profits by forcing lesser teams to expend that which they do not have then it is certainly just, ethical and to be expected that those big guys should share the cost of the expenses forced on the lesser lights. The last CBA was a license to print money for TO at the expense of those lesser lights. Less payroll for TO and more payroll for Phoenix, Nashville, etc.

The ethics and narrow view don't fly with the complete picture. It's like telling a bank manager who defrauded a bank that he is getting off free and clear and isn't going to lose his job. And in fact is encouraged to do it again. The big guys know that their hands aren't clean.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote