View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 02:06 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I mean no disrespect whatsoever and generalizations don't really mean much when we're looking at individual cases, but I would say your age difference is absolutely going to be a hurdle and it will more than likely give her pause. Again, no disrespect meant, but I tend to be a bit blunt - it's because I try to be truthful. I still stand by every bit of advice I have posted previously, including just biting the bullet and going for it, but I warn you that a 14 year old age difference to a 22 year old is quite large, usually. Twenty-two is rarely, truly an independent adult; I would actually argue that in this day and age, it is most often still quite adolescent, almost. My little brother will be 22 shortly and he is hardly a grown man. Hell, I'm hardly better myself. I'm not saying this to dissuade you, nor because I believe it's not possible for her to be open and interested to an older man. I'm only saying it to prepare you for the likelihood that she be uncomfortable with such an age gap. I still encourage you to put yourself out there and eliminate the "what if" because there is certainly no harm in it, no certainty that age will be an impediment and nothing wrong with dating a 22 year old, at all. I just think it's best that I speak bluntly and realistically about the topic.
It's cool man, I don't take it personally. In fact it's one of the most intimidating things about this situation is the age difference. She currently does not know how old I am. Maybe she can tell, maybe she can't. As long as I shave a day or two before going in there, and get rid of some of those pesky gray hairs by the chin I should be good!