View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 03:29 AM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

vCash: 500
Canucks wouldn't trade the engine of their team for futures. They politely decline the first offer and request you stop throwing around Kesler's name.

The second offer is quite good value. I believe Caps fans would hate the deal because it takes away youth - and youth is rated very highly by fans. And Vancouver wouldn't like the deal either, because it takes away the engine of their team, and they trying to win now, so youth isn't so valuable for them. And even though Johansson and Carlson are very good young players, I personally would want to wait at least another couple years to see if they reach near Kesler's level before I would consider moving Kesler for them. But I like them both, and they both have really high value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
I'll counter on the Van-Wsh proposal.

Mike Green + Joel Ward for Keith Ballard + David Booth

Van get a 1RD to pair with Hamhuis or Edler, Ward is a solid 3rd liner getting paid a little too much. Caps get a struggling top-4 D-man and a top-6 winger for Ovechkin and Backstrom.

Van:
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Higgins
Hansen-Malhotra-Ward
Weise-Lapierre-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Green
Garrison-Tanev

Caps:
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Booth
Laich-Ribeiro-Wolski
Chimera-Johansson-Brouwer
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb

Alzner-Carlson
Ballard-Orlov
Hamrlik-Hillen
That seems like a pretty fair deal, considering Ballard's value right now is far lower than his ability/skill level. Mike Green would work great beside Edler and Booth would work great beside Backstrom.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote